Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 21

-Back to work again today. During my extra shift last night I was able to trade away a shift on the 30th and pick up tonight. On this whole this should be good, though having only one work shirt will be a bit of a problem this week seeing as laundry day was Monday.

-A few moments ago I started to play with the www.librarything.com website, a utility that allows one to catalog their books online using Library of Congress or Amazon.com records. This sounds like a neat idea but needs a bit of work. For one their search function is a bit limited, for some reason I could not find a way to search for standard numbers (ISBN or ISSN, etc.). Downloaded records didn’t seem to be fully editable, though some of this might just be me. I will let you know what I think a bit more once I have given it a full assessment. (A little poking around later and I have found that it is a bit more adaptable than I thought, some of the problems I had originally identified are beatable)

-I am falling behind on my newspaper reading this week. I still have some of Monday’s paper to skim through, as well as all of Tuesday’s and much of today’s left to read.

-It seems that the deconstruction project next door has now turned into a construction project. This is a big improvement. While there is still some noise it is not as much or as persistent as it has been over the past few days. If things continue like this I will be fine, if they revert to the destruction level I will be quite upset.

No comments: