Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Own Version of “One Red Paperclip,” or How to make a Million

A few weeks ago I was thinking about the paperclip guy. Pretty neat alright. Start with a paperclip and turn it into fame and a house.

It seems that much of this was blog based, a game I am now playing. This guy’s success caused me to wonder if there might be a way that I could do something similar, though that would require less work on my part. I think I have figured it out.

It seems that with Blogspot blogs one can have a Google AdSense account. This means the more hits the more money that the site creators get, or at least this is my understanding of the situation. As you can see we don’t yet have one of these accounts so I have not had a chance to deal with all of the ins and outs of such an account.

Anyway, my plan or idea is that we can use one of these accounts to reach a goal of our one. We should become blogionaires (make a million dollars or more from blogging). All this would entail would be the mass distribution our URL and people that coming to visit out site. If it became a “project” people might be more into the whole idea.

The way I see this working is in a web like fashion. You, our loyal readers, send out our URL to everyone you know and explain the deal (we could actually come up with a short write to be included) and ask them to visit our blog. In this same message they would be asked to forward the address to their friends. To entice people we could commit to giving 90% of all money over a cool million a piece to charity, people would feel all warm and cuddly. If the idea starts to work we could also agree to help others with similar projects, soon enough we will all be blogionaires thanks to Google.

To show people that the plan is actually working we could post our payments. This would show people that with just a click of a mouse they can help two guys become blogionaires. The nice thing about this from our side is that we wouldn’t really have to do anything, or at least not much more than we are doing now. We could just sit back and watch the money roll in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get moving on this!