Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 14

-I think that I might need to start thinking about getting a new toothbrush, maybe I actually need to start thinking about more than just thinking about it because I have been doing that for several weeks now. Maybe Wednesday I will head over to St. Laurent and try to pick one up.

-I had forgotten that MLA style involves in text citations, something that I hate. Not only do these break up the flow of the reading, they also mean that one has to go to the back of the book to find the full citation details. I also find that this style encourages a rather clunky, name dropping style of writing.

-The forecast for this week does not sound good. They are calling for more rain. When will they learn and just stop calling for rain, no one likes him at this time of year.

-For the past few days a major construction project has been going on below my window. It seems that part of the building next to me is being taken down.

The part of this whole thing that I am not so fond of is that they start quite early in the morning. Today it was at about 7:00 AM, which is about an hour before I was planning on getting up. On Saturday they woke me at 7:37, several hours before I was planning on getting up. I am wondering if there is a by-law that would disallow such early starts?

No comments: