Monday, November 06, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 9

-I finished my first New York Times crossword today. As some of you may know, Monday is the easy day so this isn’t that much of an accomplishment. As some of you may not know, each day these puzzles are printed in the Montreal Gazette. At my current skill level I am pretty stumped after Monday.

-Had a reference test today, I think it went pretty well. I guess we will see when I get it back.

-They take in the bike racks in Montreal during the winter. This is a bit of a pain. They are currently in the process of doing this even though there is no snow on the ground. Shortly I will have to find a place for my bike for the winter, and spend more time commuting to Val’s. This might mean that I will be buying a subway pass in the near future.

-Do I feel the rumblings of a kidney stone? I will let you know.

-Damn it, I just started to prepare a bean dish. What is it with me, why can’t I get them out of my system. Tomorrow night I am hoping to make a black bean dish. Hope it turns out, if it does it will be my first passable bean dish, other than humus, in a while.

-Just moments ago I spent about 30 minutes on the phone participating in a survey about mobility and access to various things in Canada. It basically boiled down to being asked all kinds of questions about how my mild case of dyslexia affected me at work, at school, at home, and in the wider world. The quick answer is “not at all.” Stats Canada wasn’t interested in the quick answer. I have a funny feeling that they are going to class me as access impaired and then mentioned that I didn’t feel impaired at all. Hopefully they weight my “impairment” more than I am giving them credit for doing.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

No, I had not heard of that film. I will have to seeif they have it at the library here.

Neil said...

I went to NYtimes.com today to do a crossword puzzle (due to inspiration from this post) and there were ads for the Wordplay DVD all over the place. I've decided I want to see it too.