Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Leaving Banff

I'm here in the "Professional Development Centre" waiting for a CS prof from Dal to show up to give myself and Mahdi a ride to the Calgary airport (YYC). It's pretty nice just waiting, the couch is nice and the fire is too.

I might have to go any second, so this could be brief, so finished later. I'm flying on a Embraer (sp?) today. I believe I will have my own tv screen in the seat in front of me. I have a lot of work to do though, so I don't know what will happen.

My flight is at 12:10 local time arriving in Halifax around 9:30 pm local time. There is a brief stop in Montreal, but I don't think I'll be getting off the plane. If something crazy happens though, Cameron can expect a call.

The winterschool was good. I enjoyed it very much, and I learned a thing or two as well. The facilities here are amazing though, and I recommend anyone with the opportunity come to the Banff Centre. In total I think I saw about 9 deer, all of which were within 30 feet of me.

I think the average temperature during my stay was at most -25 degrees celsius, so for that reason especially it will be good to be back in Halifax. On the other hand the high here tomorrow is -7 degrees, which is very tolerable. Either way I'm looking forward to my return. The only problem is the work I'm going back to. I'm going to be going non-stop until I come home on the 15th. Then maybe I can sleep for a couple days.

No comments: