Sunday, November 05, 2006

Lifetime winner

In September my Dad asked me if I planned on coming home before Christmas. I told him that I was planning on coming home in November after I won the lotto jackpot. Anywho, it's November now and the Lotto 6/49 jackpot was $24 (>20) million so I decided to play. I just checked my numbers a minute ago. I got 4 of 6 for which I win $73.50. This is definitely my biggest lotto win ever, and I think the biggest for my immediate family, just beating out my little sister. When she was about 3 my Dad had her pick some numbers for the 6/49. She picked 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19. I was upset because I said she didn't know what she was doing and it wasn't very fun. As you are probably now expecting, she won about $63.

With these new winnings of mine I claim again to be a lifetime lotto winner. I was beginning to think I might have lost more that I'd won, but now I'm sure again that I'm a lifetime winner. I even think I'll be so tomorrow after I re-invest some of my winnings to try for the $36 million dollar jackpot. If I get around to it I might try to figure out for you what the expected value of a ticket is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please provide details regarding the sophisticated mathematical approach used to pick your winning numbers.

Neil said...

I figure the game is called 6/49, so I'd give the cashier $6 and in return he'd give me good numbers. It worked out pretty well. I think the real key in confidence.