Friday, November 24, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 22

-Today, while picking up my paper at the gym, I happened to come across two guys getting a talking to from an administrator type. The administrator was telling them that they would be kicked out and that they had jeopardized their friend’s membership, for which he had paid a lot of money. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to figure out what it was that these guys had done that was so bad. I guess I will never know.

-I am getting used to my new nationality, though it may take me a few days to fully understand what it means to be a member of the nation of Quebec.

-It has been quite nice here during the past few days. The weather has been what would likely be called “crisp.” It sounds as though we might be in for some snow in a few days, though I would not be surprised if we don’t get a major snowfall before I leave for Christmas.

-Once again it is Friday, which means that I will be heading to work shortly. Tonight there will be some kind of Salsa dance in the ballroom, and of course it is Pizza Night.

-One of these days my Meatzza should be one of the options on the menu, even if only for a laugh. On a more serious note, there must be more people that can’t eat cheese or tomatoes.

-It turns out that one of my classmates is from Chicago. When I learned this I mentioned that my favourite radio show, This American Life, is from the same town. She was familiar with the show, actually a fan, and pleased to find someone else familiar with the show. I was able to tell her about some similar shows in Canada. On the plus side for me she has offered to lend me one of the show’s CDs.

No comments: